Wednesday, July 22, 2009

YES

Recognize that your "YES" has value. This is one of the best lines I've heard someone say.

I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon when I hear something I like just because it sounds good. It really has to resonate with me before I truly speak about it with others. I'm a type A personality. Love to learn. Love to experience. Love life. Want to do it all. I often give boundlessly to the people around me. I'm not very good at saying no - because I'm the eternal optimist, rather I say how? Always willing to help - sometimes at my expense. I'm a huge believer that if we all just focus on doing good things for each other, the world will be a remarkable place. So that's my I strive to do. Perhaps I'm the quintessential woman with goals, or a foolish one.

It wasn't until I was telling someone about my day recently, that I realized how tired I felt! And then I heard this line and it really hit me. So true I thought. It puts value in what I offer and that value is meaningful to someone - and meaningful to me. I have to recognize that first. Then others will also see my "YES" the same way. What do you think?

No comments: